What Exactly does Traversityusa do?


Work and Travel USA is a United States Government program that allows foreign university students to travel and work within the United States for several months. This program is run by the U.S. Department of State, the program has approximately 100,000 participants between ages 18 and 28 each year.

Furthermore, university students enrolled full time and pursuing studies at post-secondary accredited academic institutions located outside the United States come to the United States to share their culture and ideas with people of the United States through temporary work and travel opportunities.


To participate in the Work & Travel USA program, you must be:

  • Between the ages of 18 and 28
  • A full-time university student actively pursuing a degree or other full-time course of study at an accredited institution
  • Proficient in spoken and written English
  • Be able to supply a valid email address throughout the time the application is active (required for confirmation of student information)
  • Able to supply a written letter from your school, on the school letterhead and signed in original to certify that you are a bonafide and current full time university student in your home country.
  • Undergo an interview with secure job offer before you can be accepted on the program
  • Be able to provide medical/ police reports and agree to background checks.
  • Be able to provide a copy of the “ personal details” page of their international passport
  • Able to supply a 1 page essay on why you feel an international program would benefit you when you return to your home country.

Undergraduate and Postgraduate Admissions (F-1 Visa Category)

College admissions in the United States refers to the process of applying for entrance to institutions of higher education for undergraduate or postgraduate students at one of the nation’s colleges or universities.

Furthermore, different universities and programmes will require different documents. However, these are the items you are most likely to need if you apply to a university in the US:

  • Transcripts or records of grades (high school and/or university)
  • Résumé/CV
  • Test scores (SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT)
  • Proof of English-language proficiency
  • Motivation letter or statement of purpose
  • Application fee
  • Writing sample
  • Passport photo
  • For more enquiries, click on the ApplyNow link.

Trainee and Internship Abroad (J-1 Visa Category)

In today’s challenging economy, experience counts more than qualifications, J-1 Trainee/Internship abroad programs provide enormous opportunity to achieve indispensable work experience during college and after graduation.

Would you like to distinguish yourself from your peers by learning real-world skills, combining international experience to your personal portfolio and engaging yourself in cultural opportunities which will help make your resume second to none? Join our program today by clicking on the ApplyNow link

Scroll to Top